Monday, February 28, 2005

A very up and down weekend. I passed my ski patrol test, so now I am officially a senior patroller, which is very cool. I think this means I get triple pay next year! (triple of nothing is still nothing of course...). I also played in a badger poker tournament and finished 9th, which is my third top 10 finish of this series. It's looking likely that I will be qualified for the final tournament, which has a first place prize of a free trip to Vegas.

The downside of the weekend is that my parents called to say that grandma is now fully unresponsive, so it likely won't be too long until she passes. It could be as soon as today or tomorrow. We're all doing pretty well, all things considered. We've had a lot of support from friends, family, and the hospice care workers. We've all made our peace with things, and have made sure that she is comfortable, which is about the best that can be done. If she passes soon, the funeral will likely be Friday. Most all arrangements have been set up, we just need to let everyone know when, so that makes life a lot easier for my parents.

Enough procrastinating. Back to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Erdmann said...

Thanks and thanks. 8-) It's really worn on me, with worrying about tests and then family stuff, but everything should get back towards normal soon. We've really appreciated everyone's support through everything.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home