Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gigity!

As of this morning, my office computer is now connected at 1 Gbps! I am officially blazing! I love my office setup. It gives me a little geek-out moment every time I walk in. The computer needs a bit of upgrading (only a 3.8Ghz P4 with HT), but the dual 19" LCDs for my PC sitting next to my 20" iMac makes for a Wall Of Data. Fiber link to the switch next to me gives me 100 Mbps to all of the workstations around me, but I get the one gig link on it for myself!

The sad thing is realizing one of the most basic rules of computing though: all computers wait at the same speed.



Screw it. Mine waits faster. 8-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Mack said...

Nice on the Gig! Schweeet! I pimped out our build area with 2, 16 port gig switches. Ghosting over gig saves TONS of time. Now if we can only get that going on the production floor.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home