Monday, July 19, 2004

Ever get that feeling that you need a vacation from your vacation?  Just got back in to work today, and this is almost a relief.  We've spent the last week cleaning, organizing and working on the deck, and being at work is almost a nice break from it all.  8-)  We did make sure to get in some fun stuff every day, and so we saw a bunch of movies (I, Robot and Spiderman 2 kick ass!), and I got some more poker in.
 
Poker is going really well.  I'm currently 39th out of 247 people that have earned points in this series.  So far the cutoff for the final invitational tournament is at the 61st position, so if I score a few more points, I should be able to guarantee a spot.  Right now it's very likely, but there's a chance that I could slip if I don't score more.  Still for a free series, I've done well by it.  I've won 2 tshirts and a hat for in tournament play, and with winning a $5 buy in pre tournament warm up side game, I've brought my side game earnings up to $90.  So I'm pretty happy with that.
 
This week is hopefully looking to be a bit slower.  I have OEC class to run on Wednesday as usual.  We are hopefully getting together with our friends Dale and Cathy for dinner at some point this week, since their kitchen burned down due to a shorted coffe maker.  We had been meaning to get them over to our house, but not under circumstances like that!
 
And a final thanks to Jim of the Milwaukee Ale House.  He loaned my little brother their beer truck so that they could bring some furniture up to me this last weekend, and even threw in a case of beer and a case of rootbeer for us!  Help me say thanks and stop by and get a pint at their bar, it's some pretty good stuff!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Erdmann said...

Yeah, I feel really bad for them, because they've constantly been working to improve their house, and then this happens. At least the insurance company is being cool about everything.

LOL, I don't think a Berry Weiss table would be good for you. It wouldn't impress guests for you to start licking and molesting your furniture. 8-)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Johnny Mack said...

That sucks big about the fire.

I've tried to see Nick around at the Ale House but I have not been successful just yet. Beer always makes such a great gift!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home