Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Last night was another poker night, but this one turned out a bit different for me. I busted out of the free tournament about halfway in, and found that they had started a side game right as I went out, so I was able to buy into that one in the last spot for $10 and keep playing right away. I went down to about half of my stack pretty quick, and then I just started catching the hands. It wasn't too long before there were only three of us left, and one guy went all in on me with suited connectors...I think it was 8-9. I had A-J and called, and when neither of us pulled anything, my Ace kicker took him out. Well, the third place guy was having so much fun he decided to deal for me and the other guy that were left. It probably took us 50-60 or more hands to finish it out. We were both playing the chips really well, and it took a while to pull an edge on him. He finally put it preflop, and sitting on Q-K off suit, I felt I had to call. He had the feel of a small pair about it, and when he flipped over his 5-5 I saw that I was right. That put it at about a 50-50 shot for either of us. I forgot the first card of the flop, but the other two were 10-J, which put me at an open ended straight draw. Fourth street sealed it when the 9 came up, and just for amusement, the river was an ace, giving me a 6 card straight, and the win for $70. All in all, a very fun night.

And now for some random amusement.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the upcoming movie versions of The Chronicles of Narnia (holy childhood flashback!), and found this news amusing. For all the press that New Zealand is getting for being THE spot to make movies, you think they'd be more accommodating.

I seem to say this a lot, but this is just disturbing and wrong. Make sure to watch the movie!

And to end it on a upbeat note, Ashley Judd was locked out of her cabin while naked!

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Mack said...

Nice about Judd! Hehe.

Narnia should be kick ass too!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

hmm poker night, i've been thinking about poker night, my wife and i just bought a place, and i always thought i'd have a poker night, we play now and then but its just for fun with the family, my bro, sis, sis in low, wife, a cousin and a friend. But i haven't really started the "serious" poker night. I'm looking forward to it, btw we usually play pennis, drink booz and have a blast. Biggest game we played was quarters, where at one game i lost like $2-3 bucks n total lost that night was about $5-$10. I was just wasted and didn't know what i was doing, pulling stupid hands n stuff, ended up losing it. Where is my penny poker and ur $70 winning poker, ha!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home