Friday, August 06, 2004

Yesterday and today have been spent at a security lockdown conference. Lotsa good presenters, but some have made it very difficult to stay awake. I'm in the middle of one of those right now. Thank god for fully networked conference rooms and lecture halls! I'm not going to be behind at work at all when I get back on Monday, thanks to remote desktop!

Last night I was out playing poker again. I know I ramble on a lot about memorable hands, and well, I'll try to keep this one short, but it was likely the most memorable that I have ever played, and possibly that I ever will play. Three of us were left in a cash game, and preflop it was just myself and one other guy making strong bets. The flop came out 10-5-10. We both checked. The Turn comes out with another 10. He bets $3000 and I tell him "I don't think you have the 10, I call." The River comes out 5. A full house on the board. He bets $5000, and I go all in. He quickly calls, figuring that round of betting was pointless and it would be a split pot. The look on his face as I flipped the fourth 10 out of my hand was just priceless. My first four of a kind! To make it more interesting, we had just been talking 10 minutes before that that I had never had higher than a full house in live play, and that most of them had. Also, the lady to my left had won several hands with pairs of 10's, so the whole game we were joking that you had to be scared when a 10 hit the board. How true it was! OK, end poker ramble.

This weekend will hopefully be a quiet relaxing one. We have to go to Lancaster for Julie to have a dress fitting for a friend's wedding. One weekend of games and hot tubbing coming up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home