Friday, November 12, 2004

Who wants to go SKIING THIS SUNDAY!!! Check the webcam, we have snow! Tyrol is looking very probably to be open! And I should get my new skis back from getting the bindings mounted today. This is very welcome news to me because...

The practical final exam for the class that I run is tomorrow. I'm sure all the candidates in the class think that they've been working their butts off, but I can almost guarantee that I've worked triple what any of them have to get this menagerie organized. I have 50 evaluators, patients, and assistants to coordinate, a trailer full of equipment, hell even lunch is taking some big efforts. Oh, and I just found out last night that the two oxygen tanks that I thought were full got emptied in practice session Wednesday night, so now I have to come up with more O2 tanks in less than 22 hours from now. I love working with this class, but wow am I ready for a break!

One very nice thing is that last night I said screw everything, I'm having a night for me to relax, and went out to play some poker. Lots of good stories and bad beat stories (most having me on the giving end!) . Only one I have to mention. What are the chances of getting knocked out of the main even twice in a row to identical hands? On monday, I had an inside straight draw and then made it for a 10 high straight, only to lose to a guy holding JQ. Last night, I get a cheap look at a flop with my 6d7d, and the flop came 10d 8d 10s, so I floped an inside straight flush draw. Lots of betting ensues, with me eventually going all in when I made the straight with a 9h on the river...only to lose to a guy with JQ. I nearly flipped out when I saw the red 9, and it was a bit of a letdown to then realize it was a heart and not a diamond, but it still felt good, right up until we flipped the cards over. Oh, well. At least I made $30 at a $5 buy in side game. Making money at a free event always makes me feel better 8-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Mack said...

Nice about the snowboarding this weekend! I hope you can get out there.
This weekend is shot. Ill be working on packing stuff up at dad's house and getting it ready for thanksgiving. All the relatives are coming over for one last hurah at the house before we get it ready for sale.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home